CONCEPTS OF ROADSIDE INFRASTRUCTURE AND REST AREAS LLIV-299
The project 'Concepts of roadside infrastructure and rest areas' was implemented within Latvian-Lithuanian Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013 part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
- Latvian Transport Development and Education Association www.lataia.lv
- Latvian National Association of Hauliers www.lana.org.lv
- Kaunas University of Technology www.ktu.lt
- Lithuanian National Freight Forwarding Association„LINEKA” www.lineka.lt
Project main objectives:
- to develop and justify the concepts of roadside rest areas as effective tools of improvement safe and secure movement of people and goods;
- to promote rest area as an open place, convenient and accessible to all travelers, regardless of age, disability or language, designed for long-term heavy-duty use and ease and efficient maintenance.
Main target groups – state institutions, municipalities, non-government organizations, cargo carriers, local communities’ population and visitors of both countries.
Project Work Packages:
Work Package 2: Road transportation performance research
Work Package 3: Modelling and assessment of rest areas concepts
Work Package 4: Development of Implementation Strategy incl. guidelines for design and maintenance